QR codes are everywhere these days. They're on magazines, grocery store receipts, and even on your brand new phone. However, most people don't really grasp what they are or how they work.
If you think QR codes are just a waste of space and time, we have some news for you: QR codes can be incredibly useful!
QR codes are scannable 2D barcodes that contain information about the object they're attached to. When scanned by an app on your phone or tablet (or another device), this information can be used to access more information about the product or service associated with it, like opening up a website in your browser.
So instead of having to type in an address or search for something online, you only need to scan the code with your device and access whatever information it has stored inside—no typing necessary!
This makes them especially useful for things like mobile coupons and loyalty programs, but they've also been used in other ways, such as displaying takeout menus, scheduling appointments, and more when placed on packaging materials.
What Are QR Code Stickers?
QR code stickers are small, rectangular stickers with a QR code printed on them. You can stick these stickers anywhere—on your laptop, the back of your phone case, or even a bottle of water.
When someone scans the QR code with their phone's camera, it will take them to a website or app that you've specified. The possibilities are endless!
How Do I Use QR Codes?
You can print out a QR code onto stickers and stick them wherever you want to reach new customers for your business—on posters in public spaces, on flyers handed out at events, and on product packaging, which people can easily scan it with their phones.
What Do People Use QR Codes for?
QR codes are used for everything from directing customers to your website or microsite to sharing contact information with potential clients who want to get in touch with you about hiring services. If you're looking for something specific but aren't sure where to start: try looking up some examples.
How QR Code Stickers Benefit Businesses
Here are a few ways how QR code stickers benefit businesses:
- They increase engagement with your brand. When customers scan a QR code sticker on your product or at a store location, they'll be able to access more information about your company and products easily. The more engaged customers are with your brand, the more likely they'll be to become loyal customers.
- They allow businesses to connect with their audience in real-time. With QR code stickers, businesses can offer instant access to customer service representatives (CSRs), product information pages, and other valuable resources that improve customer experience and satisfaction levels. This means happier customers who may become repeat buyers or refer others!
- Read more on how your brand can creatively use QR codes.
Types of QR Code Stickers
There are two types of QR code stickers.
- Dynamic QR codes: Dynamic QR codes change their message depending on what you scan them with. Customers can use them to access special promotions, view store information, reorder products, and much more.
- Static QR codes: Static QR codes are the same every time you scan them, but they can still be used for marketing purposes (such as giving away free products or evergreen coupons).
QR Code Marketing: The Next Big Thing?
Here are three things you need to know about QR code marketing:
- QR codes are a great way to get people to your website or microsite. They're easy for people to access, and they're especially useful on mobile devices where typing URLs can be difficult, especially for the elderly.
- QR codes are not just for business; they can also be used by individuals. Using a QR code is a great way to drive traffic to your site if you have a personal blog or website.
- Custom QR codes are the way to go! Using a custom QR code will ensure that your brand stands out from the crowd with a smarter, more engaging experience.
QR Code Packaging
If you're considering using QR code packaging for your product, here's what you need to know:
QR Codes Aren't Just for Mobile Phones
QR codes can be read by all kinds of devices — desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. So don't worry about making sure everyone has a smartphone before deciding whether or not to use QR codes on your packaging.
They Don't Have to Be Complex
QR codes don't have to be complex to work. If you plan on using a QR code on your packaging and want it to be easy for customers (or even yourself!) to scan and use, keep this in mind:
Make sure the code is big enough so that it's easy for people with vision impairments (like those who are colorblind) or disabilities like carpal tunnel syndrome can access them. But, it doesn't need to be too big or take up much space on your packaging or promotional materials. Use a custom QR code platform that lets you customize your code to fit perfectly onto packaging or stickers.
🎁 Wrapping It Up
QR codes are a great way to engage customers long after the initial unboxing experience, and custom QR code stickers can easily transform your packaging into an unforgettable moment! Customize shipping boxes, poly mailers, and more with your brand's own QR code. Design your dream custom packaging for product protection, brand building, marketing campaigns, and more!
Turn every order into a smart packaging experience with a custom QR code that'll captivate customers. Get started with Tapkit by noissue to create sustainable smart packaging!