A bad day can turn a lot worse when you find out your package – the one that you were waiting patiently for its arrival – might have been opened, damaged, and tampered with. Ugh.
Unfortunately, this can be a universal experience for many brands. It’s made trickier when constantly experiencing the loss of packages from your brand. Sending a replacement order to customers is one thing, but receiving returned damaged or missing items can be supremely frustrating, time-consuming, and expensive.
Take a deep breath and heave out that deep sigh. And chin up because there’s a simple solution to your pricey tampered packaging problem. It can help your brand save on costs associated with damaged packages so that you can focus on increasing your brand’s sales and improving customer satisfaction!
Tamper-resistant packaging might sound straightforward, but there’s much more to it than meets the eye. Let’s dive into tamper-resistant packaging and how it can help your brand cut costs while keeping your packages protected and pristine!
What is tamper-resistant packaging?
As the name suggests, this type of packaging is intended to prevent, withstand, and discourage tampering. Tamper-resistant packaging products come in various forms, such as:
- Tamper-resistant reinforced packing tape can seal boxes and mailers and requires a very sharp object to pierce. Fiberglass threads are woven into the tape materials for security and strength, making them ideal to use on shipping boxes and rigid mailers.
- Rigid kraft mailers made from tough kraft that would require extra effort to tear and tightly sealed ridges to prevent objects from piercing through.
- Secured shipping boxes made from corrugated kraft protect what’s inside from getting crushed. Paired with tamper-resistant packing tape, your package is ensured maximum protection against handling damage or tampering throughout shipment.
Why should brands invest in tamper-resistant packaging?
Apart from keeping your products safe from prying hands or potential shipping slips, tamper-resistant packaging can reduce the costs associated with damaged packages. Unfortunately, 34% of returns are due to product damage, so brands must shoulder those costs while also satisfying customers with replacement shipments, returned funds, or other methods requiring even more time.
An unsettling fact is that replacing a damaged product can cost eCommerce businesses upward of 17 times more than the original cost of shipping it. Yikes! Choosing the right packaging to deter tampering and prevent damage is in your brand’s best interest to avoid sky-high costs and compensate for the loss.
Your customers will also appreciate the above and beyond effort to keep their orders safe and sound. Making sure your products are packaged in high-quality and reliable materials will also benefit your business’s reputation. Customers are more likely to make repeat purchases when they have an exceptional experience with a brand.
Don’t think that tamper-resistant packaging can’t look decent, either! Nowadays, there are more options for you to customize your tamper-resistant tapes, boxes, and mailers that don’t skip out on showcasing your branding. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Turn your logo into a repeating pattern on reinforced gummed tape. That way, your packages remain protected from tampering while looking perfect for when the unboxing experience begins!
- Include custom branded or logo stickers to decorate the exterior of rigid paper mailers and kraft envelopes. Bonus points if your brand uses a custom QR code to turn into a sticker to smarten up your packaging!
- Even sturdy shipping boxes can become a stylish, premium package. Customize your mailer boxes with your brand’s color scheme and artwork!
🎁 Wrapping It Up
Deter theft and tampering with protective and affordable packaging! Affordable tamper-resistant packaging that you can customize to your heart’s desire can be found here on noissue.
Mix and match stock E-flute boxes and rigid kraft mailers with personalized tough tape and labels. Get started with low minimums for protective cardboard mailers here, or browse our packaging options by category!